Reply To: Cross Border, Avoid Test and Quarantine Document

Welcome Forums General Cross Border, Avoid Test and Quarantine Document Reply To: Cross Border, Avoid Test and Quarantine Document

Darren KYR

Hi everyone!

Never ask or should I say beg for your Rights.

Asking “Am I under arrest or am I free to go?” is begging for your right.

Simply exercise it, if the officer has not said “you are under arrest” then you are not and you are free to go.

Article 21 will have no application in a time of public emergency.

Article 4

1 . In time of public emergency which threatens the life of the nation and the existence of which is officially proclaimed, the States Parties to the present Covenant may take measures derogating from their obligations under the present Covenant to the extent strictly required by the exigencies of the situation, provided that such measures are not inconsistent with their other obligations under international law and do not involve discrimination solely on the ground of race, colour, sex, language, religion or social origin.

2. No derogation from articles 6, 7, 8 (paragraphs I and 2), 11, 15, 16 and 18 may be made under this provision.

Section 92 intercourse amount the States allows you to freely travel.

In Victoria Section 12 of the Human Rights & Responsibilities act also is a source of free movement. I have used this to travel interstate during 5km radius lockdowns…