Reply To: Credit card, mortgage, PO Box

Welcome Forums Banking Credit card, mortgage, PO Box Reply To: Credit card, mortgage, PO Box

Rixsta
Participant

It works if you send the letters via registered post, this is my experience since I started sending letters 18 months ago;

ANZ CC debt $14K sent all the letters via registered post, they wrote back several times with threats and other intimidation and they kept upping the alleged amount owed each time they contacted me, I just stuck to the process of the letters. They threatened legal/court action etc… kept sending me statements, now it’s stopped. No word from debt collection agency or attorneys. Not a word from them anymore for over 6 months.

NAB CC debt $12K sent all the letters via registered post, they wrote back a couple of times. After sending the last letter I never heard from them again. No threats, nothing for over 9 months now.

CBA CC debt $52K sent all the letters via registered post, they wrote back several times with threats and other intimidation and they kept upping the alleged amount owed each time they contacted me, I just stuck to the process of the letters. Then they got a debt collector to contact me (Recoveries Corp). I sent them the letters and mailed copies of my correspondence with CBA to Recoveries Corp via registered post, never heard from them again. Then CBA got another debt collector to start contacting me (Pioneer Credit). Sent them the letters also, they responded a couple of times with you owe us blah blah blah…they rang me quite a few times, I just said I only correspond in writing and then hung up. Next Pioneer Credit got lawyers involved to represent them and wrote to me threatening legal/court summons in seven days if I didn’t respond. I waited…then about a month later the lawyers wrote again with similar threats, I sent them copies of my written correspondence with Pioneer Credit and have not heard from them since, that was over 4 months ago.

If I hear from any of these jokers again I will just resend any copies of previous correspondence, no need to say any more to them. If they had a leg to stand on, I would have been in court months ago.

Just stick to the letters and don’t give in to their threats and intimidation, it bloody works!!

I am now completely debt free..in total over $78,000 of alleged debt has been wiped out. My credit rating is no doubt destroyed but I’m happy about that as I now have saved thousands of $$$ since not paying these criminals all their extortion money and there’s no way I will fall for their crap again.