Reply To: Operate motor vehicle in area of public land except in accordance with regulati

Welcome Forums Fines Operate motor vehicle in area of public land except in accordance with regulati Reply To: Operate motor vehicle in area of public land except in accordance with regulati

Peter Sutcliffe
Participant

Been reading the material and bought the ASF book as well. Listened to the ebook in the car.

So far spent more than the fine value, but it is not about the money, it is about the principle for me.

Also looks like they’ve been doing some reading. Date of the ‘offence’ is 17/05/20 and the notice is dated 26/05/20 and it arrived here on 02/02/2020. Due 23/06/20. Came with a cute handwritten note telling me what to do to make payment. Interesting that he is also stationed at Knoxfield, 148Km away from where we were, and I have no idea if he was the informant as they did’nt identify themselves.

So far, the notice is missing my middle name , license number, expiry date, state, and type (car, mcycle, truck etc)

The wording on my notice is different to my mates above. Mine is code 6028 and the wording is “USE OR OPERATE ANY MOTORVEHICLE IN ANY AREA OF PUBLIC LAND WHERE MOTOR VEHICLES ARE FORBIDDEN” .

Information about the offence:
“PETER WAS OBSERVED RIDING A MOTORBIKE ON AN UNOFFICIAL, ILLEGALLY FORMED SINGLE TRAIL TRACK, CLASSED AS OFFROAD, WITHIN OTWAY FOREST PARK”

Surely if it was illegal, and closed it should have been signed?

Anyone able to point me in the direction of more pointed reading?