Reply To: Mandatory wearing of masks

Welcome Forums General Mandatory wearing of masks Reply To: Mandatory wearing of masks

Inara Kirsch
Participant

Hi there, I’m new to this and have received various information from a few sources. I’m trying to see if I’ve got this right regarding what to say if I get questioned by the police for not wearing a ‘mandatory’ mask.

If the police approach me and ask for details, I ask ‘have I broken the law’. If they say no, then I can say ‘thank you, but I’m not contracting with you today’. If they continue, then I can also ask ‘am I under arrest. If I’m not under arrest, then I am free to go’. May have to repeat this a few times if they are persistent.

If they continue hassling me about my details, I can present them with the quote from the Victorian Supreme Court ruling on 25 November 2011 by Chief Justice Stephen Kaye which says if I’m not under arrest I have no obligation to stop for police or answer their questions.

If the police say they will send me a fine in the mail again I say, ‘no, I am not going to contract with you. If you’d like to do business with me, here is a Notice of Prohibition and Terms of Engagement’ – give it to them (this is our counter offer to their contract) ‘and send me a Summons to Court’.
* If I accept the fine, am I accepting their contract?

I’m just not sure at this point if I have to give my details as how else would they know where to send the Summons. This is where the conflicting information I have is a little confusing.

Any assistance would be most appreciated!